From Andrew Johnson <ajohn...@etsy.com>
Subject Hadoop and nslcd
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 15:48:27 GMT
Hey everyone,

I am seeing an intermittent issue with the Namenode looking up the groups
for a given user.  We are using JniBasedUnixGroupsMapping.

I see messages like the following in the namenode logs:

015-02-23 15:42:37,184 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: No groups available for
user <username>

The affected users do exist and are in groups.  The failures occur when
looking up groups from LDAP.  It is not consistent either - sometimes the
group lookups succeed and sometimes they do not.  When the lookup fails, I
see the following in /var/log/messages:

Feb 23 15:37:52 nn01 nslcd[21501]: [37e80a] error reading from client:

I started seeing this with nslcd 0.7.5, but have upgraded to 0.8.12 and
have the same issue.  I've also tried increasing the number of threads for
nslcd, but that also did not help.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Thanks for your help!

Andrew Johnson