From Peyman Mohajerian <mohaj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why Only Mongodb suits MEAN techstack
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 13:14:33 GMT
Hive is certainly not a good option because it is not designed to be
transactional, it is purely an analytical tool. There are many many
conversations comparing hbase, cassandra and Mongodb and no one is claiming
to always use Mongodb, which is a document database and the other two are
not.
Mongodb has great API, and tools for rapid development but it is certainly
no the only option. For example if you are dealing with sensory data with
very high throughput, Cassandra or Hbase always are better.