From Alexander Pivovarov <apivova...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building for Windows
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 23:17:23 GMT
in addition to skipTests you want to add "native-win" profile

> mvn clean package -Pdist,native-win -DskipTests -Dtar

this command must be run from a Windows SDK command prompt (not cygwin) as
documented in BUILDING.txt. A successful build generates a binary hadoop
.tar.gz package in hadoop-dist\target\.

https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop2OnWindows

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-2/BUILDING.txt?view=markup