From Alexandru Pacurar <Alexandru.Pacu...@PropertyShark.com>
Subject Time out after 600 for YARN mapreduce application
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 10:03:41 GMT
Hello,

I keep encountering an error when running nutch on hadoop YARN:

AttemptID:attempt_1423062241884_9970_m_000009_0 Timed out after 600 secs

Some info on my setup. I'm running a 64 nodes cluster with hadoop 2.4.1. Each node has 4 cores,
1 disk and 24Gb of RAM, and the namenode/resourcemanager has the same specs only with 8 cores.

I am pretty sure one of these parameters is to the threshold I'm hitting:

yarn.am.liveness-monitor.expiry-interval-ms
yarn.nm.liveness-monitor.expiry-interval-ms
yarn.resourcemanager.nm.liveness-monitor.interval-ms

but I would like to understand why.

The issue usually appears under heavier load, and most of the time the on the next attempts
it is successful. Also if I restart the Hadoop cluster the error goes away for some time.

Thanks,
Alex