From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: journal node shared edits directory should be present on HDFS or NAS or anything else?
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:38:56 GMT
Hello Chandrashekhar,

Active namenode will write to require shared storage and will not write to HDFS.. Please check
following docs for reference

When Sharedstorage is Journalnode:

<property>
  <name>dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir</name>
  <value>qjournal://node1.example.com:8485;node2.example.com:8485;node3.example.com:8485/mycluster</value>
</property>

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HDFSHighAvailabilityWithQJM.html

When Sharedstorage is NFS:

<property>
  <name>dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir</name>
  <value>file:///mnt/filer1/dfs/ha-name-dir-shared</value>
</property>

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HDFSHighAvailabilityWithNFS.html

Thanks & Regards

 Brahma Reddy Battula