From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple separate Hadoop clusters on same physical machines
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 09:37:05 GMT
http://blog.sequenceiq.com/blog/2014/06/19/multinode-hadoop-cluster-on-docker/ <http://blog.sequenceiq.com/blog/2014/06/19/multinode-hadoop-cluster-on-docker/>

Ambari based, but works quite well

> On 02 Feb 2015, at 10:33, Ashish Kumar9 <ashishk4@in.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Is there any good reference material available to follow to test docker and hadoop integration
.

> From:        <hadoop.support@visolve.com>
> To:        "'Harun Reşit Zafer'" <harun.zafer@tubitak.gov.tr>, <user@hadoop.apache.org>

> Date:        02/02/2015 02:57 PM
> Subject:        RE: Multiple separate Hadoop clusters on same physical machines
>

> Hello Harun,
>
> Your question is very interesting and will be useful for future Hadoop setups for startup/individuals
too.

> Normally for testing purposes, we prefer you to use pseudo-distributed environments (i.e.
installation of all cluster files in single node). You can refer few links which will guide
you through the whole process below for reference:

> https://districtdatalabs.silvrback.com/creating-a-hadoop-pseudo-distributed-environment
<https://districtdatalabs.silvrback.com/creating-a-hadoop-pseudo-distributed-environment>

> Individual Pseudo Distributed Cluster Implementation:
>
> http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/02/hadoop-pseudo-distributed-installation/ <http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/02/hadoop-pseudo-distributed-installation/>

> http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart_pseudo <http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart_pseudo>

> and please check for others.
>
> From our 20 years of Server & its related Industrial experience, we recommend you
to use VM/Instances for production & Business Critical environment. Other way around,
if you are developing some products related to Hadoop, you can use docker & other related
resources for development. As shipment to production will become stress free with the use
of these tools with cluster environment setup.

> Feel free to ask for further queries.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> S.RagavendraGanesh
> Hadoop Support Team
> ViSolve Inc.|www.visolve.com <http://www.visolve.com/>

on 7 physical servers. We want to test Hadoop (maybe different versions) and ecosystem on
physical machines (virtualization is not an option) from different perspectives.

> As a bunch of developer we would like to work in parallel. We want every team member
play with his/her own cluster. However we have limited amount of servers (strong machines
though).

> So the question is, by changing port numbers, environment variables and other configuration
parameters, is it possible to setup several independent clusters on same physical machines.
Is there any constraints? What are the possible difficulties we are to face?