From Anil Jagtap <anil.jag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multinode setup..
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2015 07:05:16 GMT
I have a single node already set as per the pdf instructions.
I cloned this node and want to set as a slave.
How do I do this ?

Rgds, Anil

Sent from my iPhone

> On 3 Jan 2015, at 18:00, "bit1129@163.com" <bit1129@163.com> wrote:
>
> Setting Haddop in real distributed cluster isn't that complex, Which step were you stuck
at?

> bit1129@163.com
>
> From: Anil Jagtap
> Date: 2015-01-03 14:32
> To: user
> Subject: Multinode setup..
> Dear All,
>
> Im trying to setup a multi node cluster and I found millions of articles on how to configure
multi node. I tried couple of them and i really don't understand why Am i not able to configure
it.. I have a feeling that these experts in their blogs omit out something thinking that its
not necessary to publish since its a small thing and the person who is configuring is good
enough to understand but the fact is there are people like me who are completely new to Hadoop,
Linux & Java as well.

> So does any one has some kind of material who literally tells me each and every step
on how to configure single node, then add another node and finally link it..

> Sorry to ask this granular detail but trust me i had wasted good amount of time in searching
and trying it out.. Attached one i found and this helped me in setting up single node successfully.

> I can use Cloudra but it consumes lot of memory and hence i want to configure my own
so i can fit 2 nodes in the same memory what Cloudier uses. Any VM changes to Cloudera stops
working.

> Finally, for now do I really need all of the components or just Sqoop, PIG, HBASE &
Hive should be sufficient to practise..