From "Yakubovich, Alexey" <Alexey.Yakubov...@searshc.com>
Subject Re: way to add custom udf jar in hadoop 2.x version
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 20:00:50 GMT
Try to  look hr: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14032924/how-to-add-serde-jar

Another advice: insert your ADD JAR commands in your $HOME/.hiverc file and start hive. (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-user/201303.mbox/%3CCAMGr+0h3SMDw4zHTpYo5B1B4iob05BPW8LS+dAEH595qZidjEQ@mail.gmail.com%3E)

From: Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com<mailto:yuzhihong@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 at 8:25 AM
To: "dev@hive.apache.org<mailto:dev@hive.apache.org>" <dev@hive.apache.org<mailto:dev@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Fwd: way to add custom udf jar in hadoop 2.x version

Forwarding Niels' question to hive mailing list.

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 1:24 AM, Niels Basjes <Niels@basjes.nl<mailto:Niels@basjes.nl>>
wrote:

Thanks for the pointer.
This seems to work for functions. Is there something similar for CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE ??

Niels

On Dec 31, 2014 8:13 AM, "Ted Yu" <yuzhihong@gmail.com<mailto:yuzhihong@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Have you seen this thread ?
http://search-hadoop.com/m/8er9TcALc/Hive+udf+custom+jar&subj=Best+way+to+add+custom+UDF+jar+in+HiveServer2

On Dec 30, 2014, at 10:56 PM, reena upadhyay <reena2485@gmail.com<mailto:reena2485@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

I am using hadoop 2.4.0 version. I have created custom udf jar. I am trying to execute a simple
select udf query using java hive jdbc client program. When hive execute the query using map
reduce job, then the query execution get fails because the mapper is not able to locate the
udf class.
So I wanted to add the udf jar in hadoop environment permanently. Please suggest me a way
to add this external jar for single node and multi node hadoop cluster.

PS: I am using hive 0.13.1 version and I already have this custom udf jar added in HIVE_HOME/lib
directory.

Thanks

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or
one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents.
Thank you.