From Alec Taylor <alec.tayl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS-based database for Big and Small data?
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2015 00:03:32 GMT
Thanks Jay, Phoenix looks interesting.

As for document store, the main feature I want from that are:
- Multiple indexes, but not inefficiently setup (e.g.: I could use
Redis for this, but it would be very inefficient)
- Expandable schema (oh, looks like Phoenix supports this:
http://phoenix.apache.org/dynamic_columns.html)

Unsure about Solr, will investigate further. AFAIK it's an
ElasticSearch equivalent (well, the other way around!). I have
experience with that, and as long as everything is stored in HDFS the
right way, it'll be reliable.

<keeps thread open to facilitate further discussion>

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Wilm Schumacher
<wilm.schumacher@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 03.01.2015 um 16:50 schrieb Jay Vyas:
>> 1)  Phoenix can be used on top of hbase for richer querying semantics. That combo
might be good for complex workloads.

>> 2) SolrCloud also might fit the bill here ?
>>
>> Solr can be backed by any HAdoop compatible FS including HDFS, and it's resiliant
by that mechanism, and offers sophisticated indexing and searching options.