From Marco Shaw <marco.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New to this group.
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 20:30:15 GMT
The problem here is that I don't think you're going to get a good quick hit with anything that
you can add to a CV.

You likely need to think about a 6-9 month project that actually has some kind of measurable
impact to impress anyone.

My opinion...

Marco

> On Jan 2, 2015, at 3:58 PM, Krish Donald <gotomypc27@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know shell scripting , and I believe I should be able to lean Pig atleast ...
>
>> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Marco Shaw <marco.shaw@gmail.com> wrote:
>> One thing you might have to realize is that you will likely need to get some kind
of programming knowledge.  You don't have to be an expert, but I don't know that many orgs
have dedicated Hadoop administrators that don't have to touch some code at some point, even
if to integrate components together.

>> An "administrator" could still be expected to write some kind of MapReduce job, whether
it be using the streaming API or some other higher level language like Pig.