From Fabio <anyte...@gmail.com>
Subject Reliability of timestamps in logs
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 08:41:28 GMT
Hi guys,
while analyzing SLS logs I noticed some unexpected behaviors, such as
resources requests sent before the AM container gets to a RUNNING state.
For this reason I started wondering how reliable is the timestamp of the
log entries.
Does log4j run on an independent thread? If yes, could it be the reason
why some log entries appear as misplaced? Or are they supposed to be in
strict execution order in any case?
I ask this because I am validating a project and I need to be pretty
sure about what happens when.

Thanks

Fabio