From Frank Lanitz <frank.lan...@sql-ag.de>
Subject Time until a datanode is marked as dead
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:19:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to configure the time a datanode needs to be considered dead.
Currently it appears to be set to something about 10min which is a
little to high for my scenario. As I wasn't able to find some obvious
flag, I've tried to set some properties, which might could do that.
Without succes. So e.g. I've put into my hdfs-site.xml

<property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.check.stale.datanode</name>
    <value>true</value>
    <description>Activate stale check</description>
</property>

<property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.stale.datanode.interval</name>
    <value>10</value>
    <description>Timeout</description>
</property>

So my question is: Which option(s) I have to set in order to e.g.
decrease time needed to mark a datanode as dead to 5min running 2.6.

Cheers,
Frank