From Wilm Schumacher <wilm.schumac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS-based database for Big and Small data?
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2015 15:39:03 GMT
Am 03.01.2015 um 08:44 schrieb Alec Taylor:
> Want to replace MongoDB with an HDFS-based database in my architecture.
>
> Note that this is a new system, not a rewrite of an old one.
>
> Are there any open-source "fast" read/write database built on HDFS
yeah. As Ted wrote: hbase.

> with a model similar to a document-store,
well, then PERHAPS hbase isn't the right choice. What exactly do you
need from the definition of a "doc-store"? If you e.g. rely highly on ad
hoc queries or secondary indexes then perhaps hbase could lead to some
additional work for you.

> that can hold my regular
> business logic and enables an object model in Python? (E.g.: via Data
> Mapper or Active Record patterns)
in addition to Teds link, you could also use thrift, if this is enough
control for you. Depends on your requirement.

Best wishes,

Wilm