From Todd <bit1...@163.com>
Subject Question about shuffle/merge/sort phrase
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2014 13:59:07 GMT
Hi, Hadoopers,
I got a question about shuffle/sort/merge phrase related..
My understanding is that shuffle is used to transfer the mapper output(key/value pairs) from
mapper node to reducer node, and merge phrase is used to merge all the mapper output from
all mapper nodes, and sort phrase is used to sort the key/value pair by key,
Then my question, whose responsibility is it that brings each key with all its values together
(The reducer's input is a key and an iterative values).

Thanks.