From Travis <hcoy...@ghostar.org>
Subject Re: ext4 on a hadoop cluster datanodes
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:10:54 GMT
On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Brian C. Huffman <
bhuffman@etinternational.com> wrote:

>  Would this set of ext4 parameters be ok for a 500GB HDFS data drive?

Probably?  It would depend on how many blocks you end up having stored from
HDFS on each specific ext4 mount point.  The largefile option heavily tunes
down the number of inodes that get created at mkfs time, so you might have
to tweak that.  I haven't seen any specific problems in my environment that
would indicate the options to be bad, horrible, or causing unexpected
explosions.

Try it out and let us know!

Travis

--