From "Adaryl \"Bob\" Wakefield, MBA" <adaryl.wakefi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark vs Tez
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 18:23:51 GMT
It was my understanding that Spark is faster batch processing. Tez is the new execution engine
that replaces MapReduce and is also supposed to speed up batch processing. Is that not correct?
B.

From: Shahab Yunus
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 1:12 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spark vs Tez

What aspects of Tez and Spark are you comparing? They have different purposes and thus not
directly comparable, as far as I understand.

Regards,
Shahab

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA <adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com>
wrote:

  Does anybody have any performance figures on how Spark stacks up against Tez? If you don’t
have figures, does anybody have an opinion? Spark seems so popular but I’m not really seeing
why.
  B.