From Xiaohua Chen <xiaohua.c...@gmail.com>
Subject How to login a user with password to Kerberos Hadoop instead of ticket cache or key tab file ?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 17:51:47 GMT
Hi Experts,

We have a use case which needs to login user into Kerberos hadoop
using the kerberos user's name and password.

I have searched around and only found that
1) one can login a user  from ticket cache ( this is the default one)  or
2) login a user from this user's keytab file e.g.
 UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromKeytabAndReturnUGI("sochen",
"/tmp/sochen.keytab"));

Can you shed some light how I can login a user using his kerberos
password and get a UserGroupInformation object so I can invoke
doAs(....) to access the HDFS file system ?

Thanks a lot!

Sophia