From Andrew Machtolff <amachto...@askcts.com>
Subject RE: ETL using Hadoop
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 12:16:28 GMT
The closest thing I can think of to a .NET API would be to set up Hive external tables, and
use a vendor’s (Cloudera, et al.) ODBC driver. You could connect from your .NET app using
ODBC to the Hive tables, and SELECT/INSERT to read/write. If you’re desperate. ☺

As far as ETL, I’d recommend you give SyncSort DMX-h a try. It’s a great little ETL tool
that can translate its ETL tasks to MapReduce jobs. I’ve been using it for almost a year
now, and it’s fantastic. Blazing fast, and with a trial download.
(Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated with SyncSort, other than being a happy customer)

Andrew

________________________________
Andrew Machtolff / Senior Consultant
205.259.2558 o
205.447.0956 c
205.259.2301 f
[http://images.askcts.com/images/cts_logo_email.png]<http://www.askcts.com/>
www.askcts.com<http://www.askcts.com/>
amachtolff@askcts.com<mailto:amachtolff@askcts.com>
[http://images.askcts.com/images/cts_logo_linkedin.png]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/cts-inc>[http://images.askcts.com/images/cts_logo_twitter.png]<https://twitter.com/askCTS>[http://images.askcts.com/images/cts_logo_facebook.png]<https://www.facebook.com/askCTS>

From: Azuryy Yu [mailto:azuryyyu@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 1:41 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: ETL using Hadoop

Hi Moin,
Yes, you can replace your ETL using hadoop. but it would be a big change.  such as data collection,
pre-process, ETL tasks rewrite etc.

I don't think there is .NET API in Hadoop.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Dattatrya Moin <dattatryamoin@gmail.com<mailto:dattatryamoin@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hi ,

We have our own ETL , but we are planning to use Hadoop for data processing as it gives better
scalability and performance. As i am new to hadoop kindly guide to start with Hadoop. Can
we replace ETL using Hadoop . And we have any API to connect to Hadoop using .NET.

Thanks,
Dattatrya Moin