From "Y. Z." <zhaoyansw...@gmail.com>
Subject C++ development framework under Hadoop
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:33:08 GMT
Hi Experts,

I'm going to to do some computation-intensive operation under Hadoop
framework. I'm wondering which is the best way to code in C++ under
Hadoop framework? I'm aware of three options: Hadoop Streaming, Hadoop
Pipes, and Hadoop C++ Extension. I heard that Hadoop Pipes has/would be
deprecated in Hadoop 2.*. I'm also not sure if Hadoop C++ Extension is
still well maintained. Meanwhile, Hadoop Streaming has high I/O overhead.

What are your opinions? Thanks!

--
Sincerely,
Y. Z.