From mufc_fan <rajeshkumarit8...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop namenode high availability
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:02:03 GMT
Hai...In name node high availability, from documentation, it  states that
"each of the NameNode machines in the cluster maintains a persistent session
in ZooKeeper. If the machine crashes, the ZooKeeper session will expire,
notifying the other NameNode that a failover should be triggered"

According to my knowledge "if namenode creates an ephemeral node in
zookeeper, when the machine crashes the node gets deleted which triggers the
watch event so that standby name node creates new ephemeral seesion with
zookeeper and becomes new namenode".

what my doubt is from documentation if namenode maintains an persistent
session and the created node will not be deleted and how will it trigger
standby namenode"

can any one share your knowledge