From Henrik Aagaard Jørgensen <B...@tmf.kk.dk>
Subject Hadoop and Open Data (CKAN.org).
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 07:30:55 GMT
Dear all,

I'm very new to Hadoop as I'm still trying to grasp its value and  purpose. I do hope my question
on this mailing list is OK.

I manage our open data platform at our municipality, using CKAN.org. It works very well for
its purpose of showing data and adding API's to data.

However, I'm very interested in knowing more about Hadoop and if it would fit into a (open)
data platform, as we are getting more and more data to show and to work with internally at
our municipality.

However, I cannot figure out if it's the right purpose to use Hadoop for, if it is "overkill"
or...

Could someone elaborate on such topic?

I've Googled around a lot and looked at various videos online and Hadoop seems to have it
place, also in an open data platform environment.

Best regards,
Henrik