From Rajat Jain <rajat...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop 2.5.0 unit tests failures
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:06:10 GMT
Hi,

I wanted to know if all the unit tests pass in the hadoop-common project
across various releases. I have never been able to get a clean run on my
machine (Centos 6.5 / 4GB RAM / tried both Java 6 and Java 7). I have also
attached the document which has the failures that I got while running the
tests.

I ran "mvn clean package install -DskipTests" to compile, and thereafter,
ran "mvn test" from individual subprojects.

In my company, we have forked Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 and we are planning to
deploy a nightly unit test run to make sure we don't introduce any
regressions. Is there a way to get a clean unit-test run, or should I
disable these tests from our suite? I also read somewhere else that there
are a few flaky tests as well.

Any help is appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/a/qubole.com/spreadsheets/d/1bKCclEA0u9VUZvykgaRj_gBqY4xMxTBIGPJml04TXtE/edit#gid=1215903400

Thanks,