From sam liu <samliuhad...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use docker in Hadoop, with patch of YARN-1964?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 09:18:06 GMT
Hi Experts,

I am very interesting that Hadoop could work with Docker and doing some
trial on patch of YARN-1964.

I applied patch yarn-1964-branch-2.2.0-docker.patch of jira YARN-1964 on
branch 2.2 and am going to install a Hadoop cluster using the new generated
tarball including the patch.

Then, I think I can use DockerContainerExecutor, but I do not know much
details on the usage and have following questions:

*1. After installation, What's the detailed config steps to adopt
DockerContainerExecutor?*

*2. How to verify whether a MR task is really launched in Docker container
not Yarn container?*
*3. Which hadoop branch will officially include Docker support?*

Thanks a lot!