From "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <arthur.hk.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop 2.4.1 Verifying Automatic Failover Failed: ResourceManager and JobHistoryServer do not auto-failover to Standby Node
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 11:15:19 GMT
Hi

I have set up the Hadoop 2.4.1 with HDFS High Availability using the Quorum Journal Manager.

I am verifying Automatic Failover: I manually used “kill -9” command to disable all running
Hadoop services in active node (NN-1), I can find that the Standby node (NN-2) now becomes
ACTIVE now which is good, however, the “ResourceManager” service cannot be found in NN-2,
please advise how to make ResourceManager and JobHistoryServer auto-failover? or do I miss
some important setup? missing some settings in hdfs-site.xml or core-site.xml?

Please help!

Regards
Arthur

BEFORE TESTING: