From Satyam Singh <satyam.si...@ericsson.com>
Subject Making All datanode down
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 18:21:29 GMT
Hi Users,

In my cluster setup i am doing one test case of making only all
datanodes down and keep namenode running.

In this case my application gets error with remoteException:
  could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1).
There are 0 datanode(s) running and no node(s) are excluded in this
operation

Then i make all datanodes up, but i still faces above exception looks
like datanode came up but not sync with namenode.

I have to then restart my application for writing files to hdfs. After
restart it starts processing fine but i don't want to kill my
application in this case.

Prompt help is highly appreciated!!

Regards,
Satyam