hadoop-common-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Mawata <chris.maw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: HDFS input/output error - fuse mount
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 04:11:59 GMT
Yet another place to check -- in the hadoop-env.sh file there is also a
JAVA_HOME setting.
Chris
On Jul 17, 2014 9:46 PM, "andrew touchet" <adt027@latech.edu> wrote:

> Hi Fireflyhoo,
>
> Below I follow the symbolic links for the jdk-7u21. These links are
> changed accordingly as I change between versions. Also, I have 8 datanodes
> and 2 other various servers that are capable of mounting /hdfs.  So it is
> just this server is an issue.
>
> $ java -version
> java version "1.7.0_21"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mode)
>
> java
> $ ls -l `which java`
> *lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Jul 17 19:50 /usr/bin/java ->
> /usr/java/default/bin/java*
> $ ls -l /usr/java/default
> *lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Jul 17 19:50 /usr/java/default ->
> /usr/java/latest*
> $ ls -l /usr/java/latest
> *lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Jul 17 20:29 /usr/java/latest ->
> /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_21*
>
> jar
> $ ls -l `which jar`
> *lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Jul 17 20:18 /usr/bin/jar ->
> /etc/alternatives/jar*
> $ ls -l /etc/alternatives/jar
> *lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Jul 17 20:26 /etc/alternatives/jar ->
> /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_21/bin/jar*
>
> javac
> $ ls -l `which javac`
> *lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Jul 17 20:18 /usr/bin/javac ->
> /etc/alternatives/javac*
> $ ls -l /etc/alternatives/javac
> *lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Jul 17 20:26 /etc/alternatives/javac ->
> /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_21/bin/javac*
>
> Now that I've tried version from  6 & 7, I'm really not sure what is
> causing this issue.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 8:21 PM, fireflyhoo@gmail.com <
> fireflyhoo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  I think  you first confirm you local java version ,
>> Some  liux will  pre-installed java ,that version is very low
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> fireflyhoo@gmail.com
>>
>>
>> *From:* andrew touchet <adt027@latech.edu>
>> *Date:* 2014-07-18 09:06
>> *To:* user <user@hadoop.apache.org>
>> *Subject:* Re: HDFS input/output error - fuse mount
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> I tried to mount /hdfs with java versions below but there was no change
>> in output.
>> jre-7u21
>> jdk-7u21
>> jdk-7u55
>> jdk1.6.0_31
>> jdk1.6.0_45
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Chris Mawata <chris.mawata@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Version 51 ia Java 7
>>> Chris
>>> On Jul 17, 2014 7:50 PM, "andrew touchet" <adt027@latech.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> Hadoop package installed:
>>>> hadoop-0.20-0.20.2+737-33.osg.el5.noarch
>>>>
>>>> Operating System:
>>>> CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
>>>>
>>>> I am mounting HDFS from my namenode to another node with fuse.  After
>>>> mounting to /hdfs, any attempts to 'ls', 'cd', or use 'hadoop fs' leads to
>>>> the below output.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> $ls /hdfs
>>>> *ls: /hdfs: Input/output error*
>>>> $hadoop fs -ls
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> *Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
>>>> org/apache/hadoop/fs/FsShell : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0     at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)    at
>>>> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
>>>> at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)    at
>>>> java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)    at
>>>> java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)    at
>>>> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)     at
>>>> java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)    at
>>>> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247) Could not find the
>>>> main class: org.apache.hadoop.fs.FsShell.  Program will exit.*
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I have attempted to mount /hdfs manually in debug mode and then
>>>> attempted to access /hdfs from a different terminal. This is the output.
>>>> The namenode is *glados*. The server where /hdfs is being mounted is
>>>> *glados2*.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> $hdfs -oserver=glados,port=9000,rdbuffer=131072,allow_other /hdfs -d
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> *fuse-dfs ignoring option allow_otherERROR fuse_options.c:162 fuse-dfs
>>>> didn't recognize /hdfs,-2fuse-dfs ignoring option -d unique: 1, opcode:
>>>> INIT (26), nodeid: 0, insize: 56INIT:
>>>> 7.10flags=0x0000000bmax_readahead=0x00020000INFO fuse_init.c:115 Mounting
>>>> glados:9000Exception in thread "main"
>>>> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
>>>> org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)    at
>>>> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
>>>> at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)    at
>>>> java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)    at
>>>> java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)    at
>>>> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)     at
>>>> java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)    at
>>>> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247) Can't construct
>>>> instance of class org.apache.hadoop.conf.ConfigurationERROR fuse_init.c:127
>>>> Unable to establish test connection to server   INIT: 7.8
>>>> flags=0x00000001   max_readahead=0x00020000   max_write=0x00020000
>>>> unique: 1, error: 0 (Success), outsize: 40unique: 2, opcode: GETATTR (3),
>>>> nodeid: 1, insize: 56Exception in thread "Thread-0"
>>>> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
>>>> org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)    at
>>>> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
>>>> at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)    at
>>>> java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)    at
>>>> java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)    at
>>>> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)     at
>>>> java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)    at
>>>> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)    at
>>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247) Can't construct
>>>> instance of class org.apache.hadoop.conf.ConfigurationERROR
>>>> fuse_connect.c:83 Unable to instantiate a filesystem for user027ERROR
>>>> fuse_impls_getattr.c:40 Could not connect to glados:9000   unique: 2,
>>>> error: -5 (Input/output error), outsize: 16 unique: 3, opcode: GETATTR (3),
>>>> nodeid: 1, insize: 56*
>>>>
>>>> I adopted this system after this was already setup, so I do not know
>>>> which java version was used during install. Currently I'm using:
>>>>
>>>> $java -version
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> *java version "1.6.0_45"Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build
>>>> 1.6.0_45-b06)Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.45-b01, mixed
>>>> mode)*
>>>>
>>>> $java -version
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> *java version "1.6.0_45" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build
>>>> 1.6.0_45-b06)Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.45-b01, mixed
>>>> mode)*
>>>> Is my java version really the cause of this issue?  What is the correct
>>>> java version to be used for this version of hadoop.  I have also tried
>>>> 1.6.0_31 but no changes were seen.
>>>>
>>>> If java isn't my issue, then what is?
>>>>
>>>> Best regards,
>>>>
>>>> Andrew
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message