From "MrAsanjar ." <afsan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop virtual machine
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2014 16:05:48 GMT
For my hadoop development and testing I use LXC (linux container) instead
of VM, mainly due to its light weight resource consumption. As mater of
fact as I am typing, my ubuntu system is automatically building a 6 nodes
hadoop cluster on my 16G labtop.
If you have an Ubuntu system you could install a fully configurable Hadoop
2.2.0 single node or multi-node cluster in less then 10 minutes.
Here what you need to do:
1) Install and learn Ubuntu Juju (shouldn't take an hour)- instructions :
https://juju.ubuntu.com/docs/getting-started.html
2) there are two types hadoop charms:
     a) Single node for hadoop development :
https://jujucharms.com/?text=hadoop2-devel