From Sivaram RL <sivaram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop command syntax
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:13:12 GMT
Hi,

The file Generated is a by-product of the sqoop job which was run. The
documentation says,

"A by-product of the import process is a generated Java class which can
encapsulate one row of the imported table. This class is used during the
import process by Sqoop itself. The Java source code for this class is also
provided to you, for use in subsequent MapReduce processing of the data.
This class can serialize and deserialize data to and from the SequenceFile
format. It can also parse the delimited-text form of a record. These
abilities allow you to quickly develop MapReduce applications that use the
HDFS-stored records in your processing pipeline. You are also free to parse
the delimiteds record data yourself, using any other tools you prefer."

The output file should be present in the user's HDFS directory
(/user/<user_name>). --target-dir option will load the data into the
specified directory.

Hope this helps :)

Regards,
Sivaram R L