From Jay Vyas <jayunit100.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: clarification on HBASE functionality
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 16:20:43 GMT
Hbase is not harcoded to hdfs: it works on any file system that implements the file system
interface, we've run it on glusterfs for example.  I assume some have also run it on s3 and
other alternative file systems .

** However **

For best performance, direct block io hooks on hdfs can boost high throughout applications
on hdfs.

Ultimately, the hbase root directory only needs a fully qualified FileSystem uri which maps
to a FileSystem class.

> On Jul 14, 2014, at 5:59 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Right.
> hbase is different from Cassandra in this regard.
>

>> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA <adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>> Now this is different from Cassandra which does NOT use HDFS correct?  (Sorry. Don’t
know why that needed two emails.)