From "Brian C. Huffman" <bhuff...@etinternational.com>
Subject YARN Logs
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:49:00 GMT

I am running a small cluster with hadoop-2.2.0 installed on an NFS
shared directory.  Since all nodes can access, I do not want to enable
log aggregation.

My understanding was that if aggregation wasn't enabled, the 'yarn logs'
command would just look in the $HADOOP_HOME/logs/userlogs dir, but that
isn't happening:
[hadoop@host1 ~]$ yarn logs -applicationId application_1405396841766_0003
14/07/15 10:35:58 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at
Logs not available at /tmp/logs/hadoop/logs/application_1405396841766_0003
Log aggregation has not completed or is not enabled.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

View raw message