From "M. Dale" <medal...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: job.setOutputFormatClass(NullOutputFormat.class);
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 01:08:37 GMT
NullOutputFormat does not generate any output. Good for jobs where
counters or some other I/O are your output (for example,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12707726/run-a-hadoop-job-without-output-file).

 From Tom White's book it sounds like
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.LazyOutputFormat only generates a
file if at least one key/value pair is written.

Hope this helps,
Markus