From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop usage in uploading & downloading big data
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 18:19:55 GMT
Can you give more details on the data that you are storing in "the release data management"?
And also how on how it is accessed - read, and modified?

+vinod

On Jun 2, 2014, at 5:33 AM, rahul.soa <rahul.soa@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I'm newbie to Hadoop and interested to know if hadoop can be useful in order to solve
the problem I am seeing.

> We have big data (sometimes b/w 200 - 600 GB) to store in the release data management
(repository server, currently we are using synchronicity designsync) which takes roughly about
 3-7 hours to upload/checkin this data (and download from repository server).

> I would like to know if application of hadoop can be useful in order to reduce this big
time. The time taken is bothering design engineers to upload and download which further lead
to delay in deliveries.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE