From "Natarajan, Prabakaran 1. (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <prabakaran.1.natara...@nsn.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop with SAN
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 07:26:04 GMT

I had a same question  ☺

Yes, performance impact will be there. But we can reduce the impact.  We have to create a
RaidGroup with type RAID-0 and represent this RaidGroup with only one LUN (don’t share this
RaidGroup to any other LUN).
This is an alternative for JBOD in SAN storage.

You read more from my post

From: ext Amjad Syed [mailto:amjadcsu@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 12:43 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Hadoop with SAN

I am new to hadoop.

We have a SAN solution which we want to utilize for hadoop.
I have been asked by management to do a feasible study if hadoop can be used  with SAN.
But so far i have read that SAN is not recommended for hadoop and local disk are stored.

Can some one please provide me information if Hadoop can be configured with SAN? If yes, how
will it effect the performance and what would be the downside. of using SAN.

View raw message