From "Natarajan, Prabakaran 1. (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <prabakaran.1.natara...@nsn.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop SAN Storage reuse
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 04:01:01 GMT
Great, Thanks.

Thanks and Regards
Prabakaran.N  aka NP
nsn, Bangalore
When "I" is replaced by "We" - even Illness becomes "Wellness"

From: ext John Lilley [mailto:john.lilley@redpoint.net]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 3:34 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: Hadoop SAN Storage reuse

Hadoop performs best when each node has exclusive use of its disk.  Therefore, if you have
a choice, try to provision exclusive use of individual spindles on your SAN and map each one
to a separate mount on your Hadoop nodes.  Anything other than that will tend to produce poor
performance due to disk contention.

john