From Arpit Agarwal <aagar...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Trying to build Hadoop on Windows 8
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 18:52:54 GMT
Unfortunately the SDK for Windows 8 does not include command-line build
tools. You can build a binary distribution on Windows 7 using the steps
outlined in BUILDING.txt and it should work on Windows 8.

If you must build on Windows 8 you can try a couple of things:
- Developer command prompt via Visual Studio Express 2013, if one is
available.
- Use Windows 7 SDK on Windows 8.

If you do get either of these working updated instructions or patches would
be welcome.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE