From Publius <t...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Trying to build Hadoop on Windows 8
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:15:01 GMT
maybe just download hortonworks for windows

Download Hadoop

Download Apache Hadoop for the enterprise with Hortonworks Data Platform. Data access, storage,
governance, security and operations across Linux and...
View on hortonworks.com Preview by Yahoo

KMG 365

________________________________
 From: Néstor Boscán <nestorjb@gmail.com>
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 7:31 AM
Subject: Fwd: Trying to build Hadoop on Windows 8

Hi

I'm trying to build Hadoop on WIndows 8. I have:

Java 1.6.0_45 (JAVA_HOME set using old DOS name)
Maven 3.2 (M2_HOME and PATH set)
Protoc 2.5.0 (The 32-bit build that I found, PATH set)
Cygwin 64-bit (PATH set)
Windows SDK

When I try to run the build I get an error that it cannot build using the Windows tools. Lookig
throught the Internet I found that with Visual Studio 2010 there is a batch file that sets
the Windows SDK enviroment variables for this but I don't know how to do this if I only use
Windows SDK.

Regards,

Néstor