From Publius <t...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Running and Logging multinode clusters on Windows with Hadoop 2.2
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 20:40:04 GMT

 How did you do this?  I've gotten Hadoop built from source using maven and working on windows

virtual box?

KMG 365

________________________________
 From: "Kashif.Omer@Instinet.com" <Kashif.Omer@Instinet.com>
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:28 PM
Subject: Running and Logging multinode clusters on Windows with Hadoop 2.2

Hello,

I've gotten Hadoop built from source using maven and working on windows in single node form.
 I'm currently attempting to connect with a server that also has the same built version of
Hadoop.  I've set up my host file and slave file accordingly.  Attempting to run the cluster
from the master node get doesn't give me any sort of response from my slave node, nor can
I find any sort of sign that my master node even tried to connect.  Are there any logs I
can look at so that I may begin working through this or is what I'm attempting to do not implemented
at all?

-Kashif

=========================================================================================================

<<<< Disclaimer >>>>
This message is intended solely for use by the named addressee(s). If you receive this transmission
in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy this message in its entirety, whether
in electronic or hard copy format. Any unauthorized use (and reliance thereon), copying, disclosure,
retention, or distribution of this transmission or the material in this transmission is forbidden.
 We reserve the right to monitor and archive electronic communications. This material does
not constitute an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any security.
It should not be construed to contain any recommendation regarding any security or strategy.
Any views expressed are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise
and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity. This communication
is provided on an “as is” basis. It contains material that is owned by Instinet Incorporated,
 its subsidiaries or its or their licensors, and may not, in whole or in part, be (i) copied,
photocopied or duplicated in any form, by any means, or (ii) redistributed, posted, published,
excerpted, or quoted without Instinet Incorporated's prior written consent. Please access
the following link for important information and instructions: http://instinet.com/includes/index.jsp?thePage=/html/le_index.txt

Securities products and services are provided by locally registered brokerage subsidiaries
of Instinet Incorporated: Instinet Australia Pty Limited (ACN: 131 253 686 AFSL No: 327834),
regulated by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission; Instinet Canada Limited,
member IIROC/CIPF; Instinet Pacific Limited, authorized and regulated by the Securities and
Futures Commission of Hong Kong; Instinet Singapore Services Private Limited, regulated by
the Monetary Authority of Singapore, trading member of The Singapore Exchange Securities Trading
Private Limited and clearing member of The Central Depository (Pte) Limited; and Instinet,
LLC, member SIPC.