From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: where to put log4j.properties for logging out of MR job?
Date Sun, 18 May 2014 18:59:27 GMT
Please see the reply from oers in this thread:

On May 18, 2014, at 10:38 AM, bo yang <bobyangbo@gmail.com> wrote:

> It might be caused by multiple log4j.properties files in your class path (e.g. in different
jar files). For example, I find hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-2.4.0-tests.jar in my class
path, and there is log4j.properties inside it. I have to manually delete it to get logging
written to files.
> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Sebastian G├Ąde <s116102@hft-leipzig.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'd like to log events within my MR application using Flume writing to a central
log file. I've followed http://flume.apache.org/releases/content/1.4.0/FlumeUserGuide.html#log4j-appender
putting the stuff into Hadoop's log4j.properties and copying it to Hadoop's conf directory
on all nodes.
>> However, my in-application events are only logged to stdout (I can see them using
the YARN webapp) but not to Flume. Although I thought Hadoop's conf directory is added to
classpath, it does not seem to work for me.
>> Could you please tell me where I should put the log4j.properties?
>> Cheers
>> Seb.

View raw message