From sam liu <samliuhad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File Permission Issue using Distributed Cache of Hadoop-2.2.0
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 09:03:08 GMT
Hi,

On Hadoop 1.1.1, I did a test on execution permission as below:
1. Set '*dfs.umaskmode*' to '*000*' in hdfs-site.xml
2. The permission of the test file on linux local file system is '
*-rwxr-xr-x* 1 admin admin 12297  5?? 30 01:44 test'
3. Put the test file to hdfs using command 'hadoop dfs -put test test'

Result:
In hdfs, the permission of the uploaded file is '*-rw-rw-rw-*   1 admin
supergroup      12297 2014-05-30 02:57 /user/admin/test'

As the hdfs umask value is set to '000', I think the uploaded file's
permission should be '-rwxr-xr-x' as well, but the result is different. Why?