From hari <harib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YARN creates only 1 container
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 00:56:16 GMT
The issue was not related the configuration related to containers. Due to
misconfiguration, the Application master was not able to contact
resourcemanager
causing in the 1 container problem.

However, the total containers allocated still is not as expected. The
configuration settings
should have resulted in 16 containers per node, but it is allocating 64
containers per node.

Reiterating the config parameters here again:

mapred-site.xml
mapreduce.map.cpu.vcores = 1
mapreduce.reduce.cpu.vcores = 1
mapreduce.map.memory.mb = 1024
mapreduce.reduce.memory.mb = 1024
mapreduce.map.java.opts = -Xmx1024m
mapreduce.reduce.java.opts = -Xmx1024m

yarn.xml
yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb = 65536
yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores = 16
yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb = 1024
yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb  = 2048
yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-vcores = 1
yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-vcores = 1

Is there anything else that might be causing this problem ?

thanks,
hari