From Henry Hung <YTHu...@winbond.com>
Subject change yarn application priority
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 06:22:42 GMT
HI All,

I have an application that consumes all of nodemanager capacity (30 Map and 1 Reducer) and
will need 4 hours to finish.
Let's say I need to run another application that will be quicker to finish (30 minutes) and
only need 1 Map and 1 Reducer.
If I just execute the new application, it will be in queue waiting for the 1st application
to finish.
Is there a way to change the 2nd application priority to higher than the 1st and let resourcemanager
immediately execute the 2nd application?

I'm using Hadoop-2.2.0.

Best regards,
Henry

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by
the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person,
please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your
computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised
that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and
any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed
as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.