From Rohith Sharma K S <rohithsharm...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: change yarn application priority
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 09:49:24 GMT
Hi

   Currently there is no provision for changing application priority within the same queue.
 Follow the Jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/i#browse/YARN-1963 for this new feature.

One way you can achieve by using enabling scheduler monitors for CapacitySchedulers.
Steps to be follow is

1.       Configure 2 queues, follow http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.3.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/CapacityScheduler.html

2.       Enable scheduler monitor

yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.monitor.enable = true

One job you submit to queue 1 which run 2hours. Another job you submit queue 2.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by