From Sebastian G├Ąde <s116...@hft-leipzig.de>
Subject RE: File Permission Issue using Distributed Cache of Hadoop-2.2.0
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 08:31:23 GMT
Hi,

Not sure if this helps, in HDFS there is no execution permission since you cannot execute
files:

Cheers

Seb.

From: sam liu [mailto:samliuhadoop@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:40 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: File Permission Issue using Distributed Cache of Hadoop-2.2.0

Is this possible a Hadoop issue? Or any options is wrong in my cluster?

Hi Experts,

The original local file has execution permission, and then it was distributed to multiple
nodemanager nodes with Distributed Cache feature of Hadoop-2.2.0, but the distributed file
has lost the execution permission.

However I did not encounter such issue in Hadoop-1.1.1.

Why this happened? Some changes about 'dfs.umask' option or related staffs?

Thanks!