From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop and Hbase
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 04:07:41 GMT
When Region Servers are co-located with Datanodes, you can utilize short
circuit read feature.
See 12.11.2 of http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#perf.hdfs

Factors to consider co-location include the allocation of memory of server
- so that region server and Data node can have ample memory to fulfill
their tasks.

Cheers