From bo yang <bobyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I get started with hadoop on windows system
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 20:32:38 GMT
Sharing a little experience for me to get hadoop working on windows...

I need to build the native binaries (winutils.exe, hadoop.dll) from Hadoop
source code, and copy them to Hadoop bin directory. The maven pom project
cannot build these binaries well on windows. I have to manually open the
sln file in VisualStudio, and build the project.

Also I kind of remember I hit some issue with Protocol Buffer, and have to
manually change some path in Hadoop source code to make build pass.