From bo yang <bobyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Running YARN in-process Application Master?
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:57:20 GMT
Hi All,

I just joined this group, and not sure whether this question was discussed
before.

Is it possible to run Application Master within the same process as Node
Manager? If not, any plan to support it future?

I am asking this because we might want to use YARN as a job dispatching
system. We have our own heavy-weight service which is not practical to
be launched as a new process for each new job. A possible thing we can do
is to use YARN to launch a new dummy Application Master process which will
dispatch the job to our service. But that new dummy process is a little
waste. So if YARN supports in-process Application Master, that will be
great.

Thanks,
Bo