From sam liu <samliuhad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Differences between HistoryServer and Yarn TimeLine server?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 03:15:41 GMT
Zhijie,

I am much clear now. Thanks a lot!

As my understanding, besides previous Job History Server, hadoop now has a
new timeline server which could restore both the generic YARN application
history and the framework specific information. However, I think the
timeline server also include the functions of Job History Server, because
it can store the framework specific information(of course, include
mapreduce framework). In another words, Job History Server is not necessary
any more.* If that's the case, why hadoop still include Job History Server?*