From Juan Carlos <juc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HA NN Failover question
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2014 01:12:09 GMT
Hi Dave,
How many zookeeper servers do you have and where are them?

Juan Carlos Fernández Rodríguez

> El 15/03/2014, a las 01:21, dlmarion <dlmarion@hotmail.com> escribió:
>
> I was doing some testing with HA NN today. I set up two NN with active failover (ZKFC)
using sshfence. I tested that its working on both NN by doing ‘kill -9 <pid>’ on
the active NN. When I did this on the active node, the standby would become the active and
everything seemed to work. Next, I logged onto the active NN and did a ‘service network
stop’ to simulate a NIC/network failure. The standby did not become the active in this scenario.
In fact, it remained in standby mode and complained in the log that it could not communicate
with (what was) the active NN. I was unable to find anything relevant via searches in Google
in Jira. Does anyone have experience successfully testing this? I’m hoping that it is just
a configuration problem.