From "ados1984@gmail.com" <ados1...@gmail.com>
Subject Hortonworks HDP 2 sandbox or Cloudera CDH Distribution
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 13:58:23 GMT
Hello Team,

I am initiating an POC to see value of having hadoop in our architecture
and so after discussing my current scenario with experts here, i think it
would be better for me to start using sandbox version rather then using
actual distribution from POC point of view.

My query here is how to decide what sandbox version to use Hortonworks or
Cloudera, my goal is to get started as soon as possible and not spend most
time on configuration part of the equation.

Also, from online research that i have done, it appears that Cloudera
Impala is more efficient and provides near real time ad-hoc queries
capabilities and based on that am thinking of going towards Cloudera
sandbox distribution and wanted to learn from experts opinion before moving
in that direction.

Also - if am going through sandbox approach, what kind of cluster
configuration can i have, meaning how many slave and master nodes will
sandbox support.

Pardon my question if they sound to basic.

Thanks again, Andy.