From "Martin, Nick" <NiMar...@pssd.com>
Subject RE: Hortonworks HDP 2 sandbox or Cloudera CDH Distribution
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 16:51:43 GMT
Start here http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Distributions%20and%20Commercial%20Support

The list of things you might consider before picking a distribution is quite likely limited
only by one's imagination. So, start with the basics like hosted vs. in-house, what your use
case(s) cover, etc. Basically, anything you'd consider when looking at a new technology solution
to address a need at your organization. If that doesn't get you to a list of things you need
to consider then do a search for something akin to "choosing a Hadoop distribution" and maybe
that'll spark some thoughts.

Best of luck, happy researching!

From: ados1984@gmail.com [mailto:ados1984@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:22 AM
To: user
Subject: Re: Hortonworks HDP 2 sandbox or Cloudera CDH Distribution

Thank you Martin. I will make sure that I do not have vendor specific question on this forum.

But since am starting out with Hadoop, I wanted to learn about what are the keys things that
we have to keep in mind while deciding on which distribution to take...open source hadoop,
mapr m7, hortonworks HDP or cloudera CDH.

If I can get very brief idea of factors that one should consider then it would certainly be
very helpful to me.

Thanks Again, Andy.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Martin, Nick <NiMartin@pssd.com<mailto:NiMartin@pssd.com>>